Fun with Verbs & Sentences is a free trial software application from the Kids subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-10-25. The program can be installed on iOS.
If you loved our First Phrases and Picture the Sentence apps, you ll love this app too! Fun with Verbs & Sentences is the next step up for children who are learning to speak in sentences, understand past and present verb tensing, and formulate basic syntax structures.
This app is developed for language ages 2-5 with eye-popping color drawings and 266 delightful animations--a cutting-edge way to show and teach action words! For a demonstration of this app, please check out our YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUcYWlJ27yw .
This app is for the iPhone and is our full version. It provides a fun way to visually show left to right sentence building (early literacy concepts) and sequence the parts of a sentence in the right order. This full version allows up to 75 users and groups and data tracking.
Want to show animations simply to elicit sentences and verb forms? Just select the "Watch & Say" activity--also a great pre/post assessment tool. Select the verbs from 39 choices or random, and decide which syntax forms you want to target.
But this app does more! Play the "Build a Sentence" activity:
1) Choose your subject: There are three character choices in this app: a boy, a girl, and a bear.
2) Then choose your verb: The next step is choosing something for the girl to do. (There are always 3 picture choices, such as draw, jump, or eat). Let's choose "draw".
3) Choose your object or prepositional phrase: The last step is choosing something for the child to draw. (Choices for draw include: cat, spider, or cat).
4) The narrator now voices each part of the sentence slowly, as the circles flip around, one at a time, to reveal the associated pictures: The girl is drawing a cat. Unless de-selected, the narrator will then model the sentence at a quicker speaking pace, The girl is drawing a cat. The child is complimented for the sentence and then instructed, After the video, it will be YOUR turn to say the sentence.
5) The animation that shows the sentence that was created (i.e., The girl is drawing a cat ) is now shown, typically with a sound effect. If the verb is present tense, (which is the default) it snaps back and loops continually, without sound.
6) The child is asked, What is happening? Tell me the whole sentence. The circles below can be tapped to show the associated pictures or tapped again to hear the associated audio. The child taps Record and tries to formulate the target sentence, then touches Stop .
The child listens to the target phrase by touching a Check button that pops up, and compares to his own recording. If used in therapy, the data tracking features on the left can be used. (This can be de-selected within the settings if no desired)
*If past tense verb forms have been selected, the animation is shown only once and the narrator asks, What happened? If the user would like to target the verb only, this can be selected in the settings, with the question being asked, What is the girl doing? (or What did the girl do? for past tense)
7) A reward game can be played at desired intervals, the Pop It! Game. The child touches bubbles on a screen until a selected prize is found.
Developed by licensed speech-language pathologist and author, Patti Hamaguchi, M.A., CCC-SLP. Visit our website: www.hamaguchiapps.com
Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Fun with Verbs & Sentences (version 1.1) has a file size of 996.15 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 3 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.